02 5 / 2012
found a perfect apartment. perfect! lots of light, a balcony and a patio, next to a community garden, views of the mountains, gorgeous and affordable.
although the people would accept me having three (3) giant dogs, they will not allow me to have my cat. they will not explain why and they will not negotiate on this point.
I’ve seen this a bunch around Denver while trying to find a house - finding someone who will accept dogs is hard, but most of the ones that allow dogs don’t allow cats. Maybe it has to do with marking and they had a bad experience? Good luck. I’m trying to find a house right now and it’s super tough, everything is rented like immediately.
- tenderstatue said: It was mansplained to me once that dogs never smell, but that cat pee is the most offensive odor known to humankind. I further learned that every cat ever in existence lives to spray urine on carpets and walls.
- dianaoftheword said: Lie! Say you gave the cat away
- rachleprofiling said: Sneak the cat in?
- se-smith said: Whhhhaaaaat?!
- se-smith likes this
- seattleipguy said: Perhaps you should argue that your cat is a really, really rare breed of dog.
- venusarquidania likes this
- aglock reblogged this from abbyjean and added:
- ahornyunicorn said: A lot of cats scratch at walls, not saying yours does but just it MIGHT be a reason
- ahornyunicorn likes this
- bedbugsbiting said: That happened to me a lot when I was looking for my last apartment. None of the places in my price range would take my cat. Ridiculous. My cat is the most boring, nondestructive animal.
- kelsium likes this
- abbyjean posted this